- Leads the Avalanche with 122 blocked shots this season.
- Has blocked 1,277 shots in 492 career games (2.6 per contest).
- Led his respective team in blocked shots for five consecutive seasons from 2006-2011.
- Paced the Nashville Predators in blocked shots in 2006-07, ’07-08 and ’08-09 and led the Minnesota Wild in both 2009-10 and 2010-11.
- Had a season-high six blocks on Feb. 20 vs. St. Louis and again on March 6 at Chicago.
- Had an assist and was +1 in his Avalanche debut on Jan. 19 at Minnesota.
- Is the first player in Avalanche history to have his last name start with the letter 'Z'
- The only other franchise player with a last name that starts with 'Z' was Richard Zemlak, who played 20 games for the Nordiques in 1986-87.
* Posted career highs in games played (82), goals (4), assists (7) and points (11), in addition to average time on ice (20:51).
* Ranked third in the NHL in blocked shots with a career-high 237.
* Second on the team in hits (153).
* Led the team, and ranked among the league leaders in shorthanded ice time (3:54).
* Led the club in plus/minus rating (+8).
* One of only two NHLers (along with Montreal's Mike Komisarek) to put up at least 200 blocked shots and 100 hits.
* Scored his first career game-winning goal on March 26 vs. San Jose. It was also his fourth goal of the season, setting a career high and matching his output from the previous three seasons combined.
* Played a career-high 25:47 on March 24 vs. Anaheim.
* Joined the "100, 100" Club Feb. 19 vs. St. Louis, becoming the 10th player in 2008-09 to reach the 100 mark in both hits and blocked shots.
* Skated in his 200th career NHL game on Feb. 6 at Minnesota.
* With an assist on Jan. 10 vs. Chicago, he created career highs in assists (6) and points (9). It also marked the third time all season he has had points in back-to-back games after doing it only once in the previous three seasons.
* Posted his first career multi-point game (1g-1a) on Jan. 8 vs. Pittsburgh.
* Posted an assist Nov. 21 at Tampa Bay and Nov. 23 at Carolina, marking the first time in his career he has points/assists in back-to-back games.
OT Points: 0g-1a-1pt., Shootouts: none, Penalty Shots: none.