* Posted career highs in games played (82), goals (4), assists (7) and points (11), in addition to average time on ice (20:51).
* Ranked third in the NHL in blocked shots with a career-high 237.
* Second on the team in hits (153).
* Led the team, and ranked among the league leaders in shorthanded ice time (3:54).
* Led the club in plus/minus rating (+8).
* One of only two NHLers (along with Montreal's Mike Komisarek) to put up at least 200 blocked shots and 100 hits.
* Scored his first career game-winning goal on March 26 vs. San Jose. It was also his fourth goal of the season, setting a career high and matching his output from the previous three seasons combined.
* Played a career-high 25:47 on March 24 vs. Anaheim.
* Joined the "100, 100" Club Feb. 19 vs. St. Louis, becoming the 10th player in 2008-09 to reach the 100 mark in both hits and blocked shots.
* Skated in his 200th career NHL game on Feb. 6 at Minnesota.
* With an assist on Jan. 10 vs. Chicago, he created career highs in assists (6) and points (9). It also marked the third time all season he has had points in back-to-back games after doing it only once in the previous three seasons.
* Posted his first career multi-point game (1g-1a) on Jan. 8 vs. Pittsburgh.
* Posted an assist Nov. 21 at Tampa Bay and Nov. 23 at Carolina, marking the first time in his career he has points/assists in back-to-back games.
OT Points: 0g-1a-1pt., Shootouts: none, Penalty Shots: none.