The 2016 Predators Foundation Grant Applications are closed. If you would like to be added to our email list for 2017 please send your contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Below please find information and criteria pertaining to our 2016 application. This information is just a resource.
NASHVILLE PREDATORS FOUNDATION GRANTS
Established in 1998, the Nashville Predators Foundation strives to meet the educational, social, health and cultural needs of our community by offering unique resources and financial support to local youth-oriented organizations. Through several fundraisers held throughout the year, the Predators Foundation has awarded over $4 million to Nashville and Middle Tennessee-area charities and community service organizations since its creation.
To use our distinctive set of assets to support the youth and their families in the community that we call home
The Nashville Predators Foundation’s mission is to build philanthropic partnerships within our community to successfully leverage the unique assets and skills of our entire organization to improve the lives of youth and their families.
- The Foundation will award grants for specific projects and one-time programs, but not for general operating costs, staff salaries, sponsorship or fundraisers of any kind, capital campaigns, endowments or reserve funds or grants to individuals, PTA’s or Booster Clubs. Current trends seem to favor specific projects and durable goods over camp scholarships.
- Foundation grants may range from $500 to a maximum of $10,000 annually. Average grant last year: $4,700
- Foundation grants are reviewed and approved by the Board of Directors, which consists of individuals from the Nashville community and team representatives
- The organization must be a 501(c)3 organization or government agency serving the Nashville or Middle Tennessee area
- The focus of the project or program should be youth/family related
- Specific projects with funding needs are more likely to be funded
- Funding will be distributed by early May. Please do not request funding for a project scheduled for April or May 2016. Special requests may be granted to fund programs in April or May of 2017
- Projects with a detailed itemized list of program expenses are more likely to be funded
- Organizations whose operating budget is under $2.0 million will receive priority consideration.
- Organizations that have received funding in three-consecutive years will be considered but organizations that have not received grants in consecutive years may receive priority consideration.
- The organization must be available for a site visit if selected as a beneficiary
- The organization must adhere to all deadlines and application requirements
- Mid-Year Report: October 28, 2016
- Final Report: February 28, 2017
Many organizations apply for grants each year and the overall amount of funding requested far exceeds the Predators Foundations resources. Declined applications in no way reflect the worthiness of an organization’s mission or programming and these groups are encouraged to apply again next year.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
Step 1: Submit the online form for each grant application submitted - CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE FORM.
Applications missing the online submission will not be considered.
Step 2: Fill out the grant application information - CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION DOCUMENT. Make sure to follow the directions exactly as they are outlined - page 1, page 2, page 3 and page 4. Submit two copies of the grant proposal and one copy of your Board of Directors. If your organization is not current on Giving Matters, you must submit your 501(c)(3) documentation. Applications must not exceed the four page limit and must fit on the specified page. If specific guidelines are not followed and questions not answered your application will not be reviewed.
WHAT TO INCLUDE
Four-page signed grant application (two copies typed)
Page 1 – Your Organization
Page 2 – Your Funding Request
Page 3 – Your Project
Page 4 – Partnership
Copy of IRS 501(c)3 letter (if your information is not current on Giving Matters)
Listing of current Board of Directors
- Each organization may only submit one grant application.
- Grant requests must not be for programs that only take place in April and May 2016 as funding will not be distributed until May. Special requests may be submitted to receive funding for April and May of 2017.
- Responses to the grant application must be four pages and submitted in the exact order and format as outlined above. (Page 1, 2, 3 and 4 – applications longer than four pages or content on incorrect pages will not be considered)
- Applications must be typed. Do not use staples, paperclips, bindings or folders.
- Do not attach or include collateral material (e.g. dvd’s, brochures, etc.)
- The application must be postmarked or hand-delivered by 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 6, 2016. Faxed, emailed, late or incomplete applications will be not be accepted or reviewed – no exceptions. This includes weather, vacations and illness. Early applications welcomed and appreciated.
- 2016 grant recipients will be posted on the Nashville Predators website by mid-April. All applicants will be notified via email when list is available. Please do not call to check on status.
- Follow up report due dates: Mid-Year Report: October 28, 2016, and Final Report: February 28, 2017. Receipts are no longer required. All reports must be received via email by the listed dates. 100 percent of the funding must be used by February 28, 2017, unless a special request has been submitted. Final report information will be emailed to all grant recipients for completion.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Hand delivered applications must be received and logged by the security desk located at the Bridgestone Arena entrance at the corner of Broadway & 6th Avenue. Security desk hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Attn: Rebecca King
501 Broadway (entrance at the corner of 6th and Broadway)
Nashville, TN 37203
Nashville Predators Foundation
Nashville, TN 37203
GRANT DEADLINE: Wednesday, January 6, 2016
If you would like to be added to the email distribution list please send your contact information to Rebecca King.