2001-02 Grant Recipients
On April 4, 2002, the following 56 charitable organizations were awarded a total of $185,000 in grant money from the Nashville Predators Foundation. These recipients were selected from all charities submitting a grant application in February.
Charity names in orange are the Foundation's Feature Charities for the upcoming season.
|Here are some future results of the grant money awarded this year:
Barefoot Republic Camp
Grant money will be used to purchase a half-pipe for a skate park.
Empower Me Day Camp
Grant money will be used to build the "Dream House," a wheelchair accessible treehouse for children with disabilities.
Dede Wallace Center
Grant money will be used to fund materials needed to construct a garden, including railroad ties and supports, gardening tools, seeds, flowers, shrubs and picnic benches.
Mercy Children's Clinic
The grant money will be used to implement a basic diagnostic laboratory so children without insurance can obtain lab tests at the Mercy Children's Clinic.
- Baptist Hospital Foundation
- Barefoot Republic Camp, Inc., Skate Park
- Bethany Christian Services in Nashville
- Bethlehem Centers of Nashville
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Wilson County
- Blakemore Children's Center
- Boys and Girls Club of Rutherford County
- Camp Marymount
- Center for Youth Issues-Nashville, Inc.(STARS)
- Child Advocacy Center of Rutherford County & Domestic Violence Program, Inc.
- Community IMPACT! Nashville
- Crisis Intervention Center
- Cumberland Science Museum
- Dede Wallace Center
- Domestic Violence Intervention Center dba Peace, Inc.
- Empower Me Day Camp, Dream House
- Epilepsy Foundation Of Middle Tennessee
- Exchange Club Family Center, Inc.
- Fannie Battle Day Home for Children, Inc
- Friends in General, Baby Blankets
- Gilda's Club of Nashville
- Girl Scout Council of Cumberland Valley
- Hands On Nashville
- Hands with Heart, Inc.
- Hendersonville Inline Hockey Association (HIHA)
- House of Mercy
- Interfaith Dental Clinic
- Jason Foundation
- Kids on the Block of Middle Tennessee
- Martha O'Bryan Center (MOBC)
- Mental Health Association of Middle Tennessee
- Mercy Children's Clinic
- Middle Tennessee Poison Center (MTPC)
- Miriam's Promise of Holston Home for Children, Inc.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association Summer Camp
- Nashville Family Shelter, Inc.
- Oasis Center
- Pastoral Counseling Center of Tennessee, Inc.
- Preston Taylor Ministries
- Prevent Blindness Tennessee
- Prevent Child Abuse Tennessee
- Project Reflect
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville, Tennessee, Inc.
- St. Luke's Community House
- Sugarbugs, Inc.
- Tennessee Golf Foundation
- Tennessee Sled Hockey Association, INC.
- U-Grow Adventures
- Vanderbilt Children's Hospital
- Williamson County Alternative Learning Center
- Williamson County Child Advocacy Center
- Woodbine Community Organization
- Youth Encouragement Services
- Youth Villages