Fangtastic 5K Presented by Nissan Anchors Busy Saturday at Bridgestone Arena
Nashville, Tenn. – The Nashville Predators Fangtastic 5K presented by Nissan will be held tomorrow, Saturday, March 15. The annual event, which gives a percentage of proceeds to the 365 Pediatric Cancer Fund to benefit the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, will begin at 10:30 a.m. on the Bridgestone Arena plaza, taking runners and walkers on a brand-new course through downtown Nashville that begins and ends at the Arena.
Registrations for the Fangtastic 5K are still being accepted and the walk-up race rate is $45. The race fee includes a voucher for one ticket to an upcoming Predators home game that can be redeemed at the Bridgestone Arena Box Office and a special Nashville Predators Fangtastic 5K t-shirt (while supplies last). Additionally, all Fangtastic 5K participants receive free entry to the St. Puppy’s Day Festival at Walk of Fame Park with their race bib. The festival runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and supports the Nashville Humane Association.
Following the Fangtastic 5K, the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA), “the world’s leading nonprofit health agency dedicated to finding treatments and cures for muscular dystrophy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and other neuromuscular diseases,” will host their annual MDA Walk on the Bridgestone Arena concourse. Pre-race festivities will begin at 1 p.m. and at 2 p.m. more than 800 participants will begin their walk around the concourse. Registrations will be accepted at the door, and admission is free, but donations towards the MDA are encouraged.
The busy Saturday at Bridgestone Arena continues that evening as the Predators host the Central Division rival St. Louis Blues at 7 p.m. CT (FOX Sports Tennessee, 102.5 The Game). Beginning at 5 p.m., fans are invited to take part in the Plaza Party presented by Lee Company which will feature a live band, food and drink, interactive games and more.
In addition to Plaza Party activities, representatives from Pedigree will be joined by local dogs looking for a home during Pedigree Adoption Day from 5-7 p.m. Fans can meet furry friends looking for a home and make a donation to the Pedigree Foundation as they enter the arena. The Pedigree Foundation provides grants to shelters and rescues across the United States, helping raise awareness and funds for dogs in need. Last year, the Preds and Pedigree helped 12 dogs find new homes.
All fans are invited to stick around after the Preds game against the Blues to see some of your favorite Nashville Predators alumni battle against alumni and coaches from St. Louis in a special alumni tilt that will begin at approximately 9:45 p.m. Former Preds J-P Dumont, Darcy Hordichuk, Stu Grimson, Scott Nichol, Mike Sillinger and Assistant Coach Phil Housley will man the Preds squad while the Blues’ team will feature current broadcasters Kelly Chase and Jamal Mayers. A special silent auction will be held featuring a Black 13 Tattoo custom painted and autographed alumni mask. Admission is free, but donations will be accepted to benefit the Predators Foundation.
Limited tickets for Saturday’s game are still available; for more information visit nashvillepredators.com, the Bridgestone Arena Box Office or call 615-770-7800.
10 a.m.-3 p.m. - St. Puppy’s Day Festival at Walk of Fame Park
- Fangtastic 5K participants receive free entry with race bib
- Supports the Nashville Humane Society
10:30 a.m. - Fangtastic 5K presented by Nissan
- Walk-up race rate is $45 and includes Preds ticket voucher and special t-shirt (while supplies last)
- Percentage of proceeds goes to the 365 Pediatric Cancer Fund to benefit the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt
- Brand-new course takes runners/walkers through downtown Nashville, beginning and ending at Bridgestone Arena
1-3 p.m. – Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) Walk
- Held on Bridgestone Arena concourse
- Registrations accepted at the door, admission is free, but donations towards MDA are encouraged
5 p.m. – Plaza Party presented by Lee Company
- Live band, food and drink, interactive games and more
5-7 p.m. – Pedigree Adoption Day
- Meet furry friends looking for a forever home
- Make donations to support the Pedigree Foundation
- In 2013, 12 dogs found new homes through Adoption Day festivities
7 p.m. – Nashville Predators vs. St. Louis Blues
9:45 p.m. (approx.) – Preds vs. Blues Alumni Game
- Features former Preds J-P Dumont, Darcy Hordichuk, Stu Grimson, Scott Nichol, Mike Sillinger and Assistant Coach Phil Housley
- Broadcasters Kelly Chase and Jamal Mayers highlighted on Blues alumni squad
- Special silent auction will be held featuring a Black 13 Tattoo custom painted and autographed alumni mask
- Free admission, donations towards the Predators Foundation accepted