Thoughts From Morning Skate: March 15
Tuesday, 03.15.2011 / 11:38 AM CT / Features
By Jay Levin - Nashville Predators
| Thoughts from March 10 Practice
Thoughts from March 11 Practice
Thoughts from March 14 Practice
- Game Day optional skate today, so lighter group on the ice. Blake Geoffrion and J-P Dumont were the last two skaters working on the ice, along with goaltender Anders Lindback.
- Coach Trotz confirmed that Mike Fisher will play tonight; no limitations on ice time, no concerns about health. Yesterday was just a "body maintenance day" for Fisher as the Preds head into a busy stretch of games.
- Coach Trotz called LA a deep, heavy team -- noting that they have several forwards like Kopitar, Penner, Handzus, Ponikarovsky who are 6'3" or taller and 200-pounds or heavier. Trotz wants to see his big forwards like Ward, Wilson, and Smithson match the physical play from the Kings forwards.
- With LA's combination of size and skill, Coach Trotz stressed the importance of paying extra attention to details in the neutral zone and making sure the Preds take advantage of their opportunities to get the puck out of the defensive zone.
- Coach Trotz spoke highly of the way Jonathon Blum has played, noting his ability to jump from Milwaukee directly into the No. 4 spot in the Preds d-man lineup. "He came up for one game because of an injury and we could clearly see he was ready. He went from there. It's really a testament to him, his preparation, and the work (Coach) Lane Lambert and staff have done in Milwaukee. He's a smart player and has a real good understanding out on the ice."