Pregame Thoughts: Feb. 26
Saturday, 02.26.2011 / 11:45 AM CT / Preview
By Jay Levin - Nashville Predators
| Thoughts from Monday's Practice
Thoughts from Tuesday's Practice
Thoughts from Wednesday's Practice
Thoughts from Thursday's Practice
Thoughts from Friday's Practice
- Coach Trotz indicated that Blake Geoffrion and Matt Halischuk will play on the same line this afternoon, likely with either J-P Dumont or Jordin Tootoo. Dumont and Halischuk had success on a line together during Halischuk's January stint with the Preds, while a Halischuk-Geoffrion-Tootoo line would form a high-energy, strong forechecking unit.
- With Geoffrion at center, look for Colin Wilson to remain on the wing this afternoon. Wilson will likely get the first chance to fill Steve Sullivan's slot on the line with Legwand and Hornqvist.
- Wade Belak cleared waivers this morning and was assigned to Milwaukee.
- Got updates on Anders Lindback from Goaltending Coach Mitch Korn. Coach Korn was very pleased with the way Lindback is playing in Milwaukee and said Lindback is accomplishing what the Preds hoped when they made the goalie swap earlier this week. The last two games he's been outstanding, stopping 32-of-33 shots on Wednesday and 29-of-31 on Friday.
- Coach Korn talked about the importance of game action for Linback's development, especially the differences between the North American style and the European style. Korn noted that with the smaller ice surface in North America, there is more traffic in front of the net, players shoot from all angles, and the game is faster. Korn has been working with Lindback late after practices to help the transition, but the games with Milwaukee gives Lindback a chance to work on the teaching points in live game situations -- specifically catching the puck, rebound control, and battling through traffic.
- In other news from Milwaukee, defenseman Roman Josi picked up another assist last night. He has 12 points in 11 games during the month of February to move among the top-15 in AHL rookie scoring. Josi has points in 15 of his last 16 games played and now has 17 points in those 16 games after opening the season with 14 points in his first 35 AHL games.