Thoughts From Practice: Feb. 21
Monday, 02.21.2011 / 1:42 PM CT / Features
|Last Week's Practice Updates: Feb. 14-19
Thoughts from Monday's Practice
Thoughts from Tuesday's Practice
Thoughts from Wednesday's Practice
Thoughts from Thursday's Practice
Thoughts from Friday's Practice
- Line Combinations from today's practice:
White-Fisher centering Erat and Svatos
Gray-Legwand centering Hornqvist and Sullivan
Yellow-Spaling centering Smithson and Ward
Green-Wilson centering Tootoo and Dumont
- Sergei Kostitsyn was held out of practice for a "body maintenance" day. With four games on tap this week, coaches wanted him to take an extra day off. Coach Trotz said in his post-practice media session that Kostitsyn is "healthy and ready to go" for tomorrow night at Columbus.
- Coach Trotz said Ryan Suter will miss tomorrow's game at Columbus, but he was encouraged by Suter's health today and expects him back later in the week, perhaps as early as Thursday night's game against Chicago.
- Defensensive pairings in practice were: Weber-Klein; Franson-O'Brien; Sulzer-Belak ... Coach Trotz indicated that pairings will rotate throughout the game as situations warrant. "Everybody will probably play with everybody," Trotz said. He also said the team will make a recall from the Milwaukee in time for tomorrow night's game, noting the Milwaukee coaches have been impressed with the steady play from Jon Blum and Teemu Laakso and the dynamic offensive skill shown by Roman Josi.
- Steve Sullivan continues to wear a full shield mask. He said he's adjusting to playing with a shield, but noted it's the first time he's worn one since Juniors. Sullivan also said in order to fit the shield, he's needed to wear a new helmet -- the first time in his career he's worn this type of helmet. He mentioned it has a couple different pressure points than the helmet he's used to wearing, so that has also taken a little bit of an adjustment period.