|DRAFTED:||NSH: 2003-92 overall|
* Is back practicing with the team after missing five weeks with a separated shoulder sustained in the first period of a Jan. 28 game at Vancouver, his second career NHL contest.
* Recalled from Milwaukee (AHL) for the second time this season on Jan. 26.
* Made his NHL debut (during a two-day recall) on Jan. 15 at Montreal, playing on a defensive pairing with Kevin Klein. Logged 11:49, and became the first German-born player to ever suit up for the Predators.
* At the time of his recall, ranked third among AHL defensemen in points (31) and tied for third in goals (8).
* Ranked second on the Admirals in in power-play points (15) and assists (23).
* Matched his 61-game goal total from 2007-08 in just 32 games this season.
* During the month of December 2008, he posted a point in 12 of 14 games, totaling 18 points (6g-12a) in that span, and helping Milwaukee to 12 wins, its most during a month in franchise history.
|2009-10: Split the season between Nashville and Milwaukee (AHL), being recalled on seven occasions (Oct. 20, Nov. 26, Dec. 7, Dec. 30, Feb. 3, March 1 and March 8)… Made his NHL season debut on Oct. 21 at Boston, and registered his first career point/assist the following night at Ottawa… Registered a plus or even rating in 16-of-20 games, finishing a +4 for the campaign… Led AHL defensemen in points per game (minimum 20 games, .83)… Ranked second among Admiral blueliners in goals (7), and third in points (7g-23a-30pts) and plus/minus rating (+13), despite playing in only 36 games… Appeared in all seven of Milwaukee’s Calder Cup Playoff games, ranking third in assists (5), and second among d-men in points (6)… Played for Germany in his second consecutive Olympics at the 2010 Vancouver Games, dressing for all four of the nation’s contests… Posted two assists in nine games for Germany at the 2010 World Championships, helping his nation to its best finish at the tourney in 72 years… Ranked third among Germans in average ice time (18:06).
2008-09: Became the first German-born player in franchise history to suit up for the club on Jan. 15 at Montreal… Recalled to Nashville on two occasions (Jan. 14 and Jan. 26)… Ranked fourth among American Hockey League defensemen in points per game (.71)… Missed 17 games at the NHL level, and Milwaukee’s final 15 games and all 11 Calder Cup playoff games due to injury. Was third among AHL blueliners in points (34), and tied for third in goals (8) at the time of his injury… Also ranked third on the Admirals in both points and assists (26), and second on the club in power-play points (15) when he went down.
2007-08: Tied for first among Milwaukee defensemen in assists (25) and ranked third on the Admirals in d-men points (32) and goals (7) in his first season in North America… Missed 19 regular-season games, and all six of Milwaukee’s 2008 Calder Cup playoff games due to injury.
AMATEUR: Played four seasons with Dusseldorf (Germany) (2003-07)… Played six games with Germany at the 2007 World Championships in Russia… Ranked third in defensemen scoring (3g-15a-18pts) with Dusseldorf and led club blueliners in playoff goals (3) in 2005-06… Played for Germany at the 2006 Olympic Games… Skated in three games for Team Germany at the 2005 World Championships… Was named the outstanding defenseman at the D1-Group A World Championships in 2004, leading all defensemen and tying for sixth overall in scoring (2g-7a-9pts)… Opened the 2002-03 season with Kaufbeuren (Germany-2) before joining Hamburg in the first division in the winter… Played for Germany at the 2003 World Junior Championships… The first German player drafted by Nashville.
BACKGROUND: Nickname: “Sulzy”… Lists Vancouver defenseman Christian Ehrhoff as his best friend in the NHL… Would like to be a player agent when his hockey career is finished… His most memorable hockey moments were his first NHL game and playing in the Olympics… Favorites include: Südtirol, Italy (vacation spot), Ray Bourque (player growing up) and Denver (favorite NHL city to visit)… The historical figure he would have most liked to have met is Alexander the Great… Wife – Julia.
TRANSACTIONS: June 22, 2003 – Nashville's seventh choice, 92nd overall (third round), in the 2003 Entry Draft.