|BIRTHPLACE:||Burnaby, BC, CAN|
|DRAFTED:||OTT: 2000-156 overall|
* Posted career highs in games played (82), goals (4), assists (7) and points (11), in addition to average time on ice (20:51).
* Ranked third in the NHL in blocked shots with a career-high 237.
* Second on the team in hits (153).
* Led the team, and ranked among the league leaders in shorthanded ice time (3:54).
* Led the club in plus/minus rating (+8).
* One of only two NHLers (along with Montreal's Mike Komisarek) to put up at least 200 blocked shots and 100 hits.
* Scored his first career game-winning goal on March 26 vs. San Jose. It was also his fourth goal of the season, setting a career high and matching his output from the previous three seasons combined.
* Played a career-high 25:47 on March 24 vs. Anaheim.
* Joined the "100, 100" Club Feb. 19 vs. St. Louis, becoming the 10th player in 2008-09 to reach the 100 mark in both hits and blocked shots.
* Skated in his 200th career NHL game on Feb. 6 at Minnesota.
* With an assist on Jan. 10 vs. Chicago, he created career highs in assists (6) and points (9). It also marked the third time all season he has had points in back-to-back games after doing it only once in the previous three seasons.
* Posted his first career multi-point game (1g-1a) on Jan. 8 vs. Pittsburgh.
* Posted an assist Nov. 21 at Tampa Bay and Nov. 23 at Carolina, marking the first time in his career he has points/assists in back-to-back games.
OT Points: 0g-1a-1pt., Shootouts: none, Penalty Shots: none.
|2007-08: Led Nashville and ranked seventh in the NHL with 176 blocked shots… Ranked second on the club with a career-high 160 hits… One of just three NHLers (along with Montreal’s Mike Komisarek and Phoenix’s Keith Ballard) to finish the season with at least 160 hits and 160 blocked shots… Led the Predators and ranked 13th in the league in average shorthanded time on ice (4:11)… Had the fewest penalty minutes of any Nashville skater who played at least 60 games (24)… Established career highs in games played (78), average time on ice (18:27), and tied a personal best in assists (5). PLAYOFFS: Appeared in all six of the club’s postseason games… Notched assists in two of Nashville’s first three games in its WCQ series vs. Detroit… Paced the club in plus/minus rating (+2) and tied for the club lead in blocked shots (12)… Led Nashville defensemen in average shorthanded time on ice (3:40).
2006-07: Led Nashville and ranked eighth in the NHL with 189 blocked shots… Ranked third on the team in hits (91)… Ranked second on the team in shorthanded ice time per game (4:09)… Assisted on the overtime game-winner on Jan. 9 vs. Anaheim… Appeared in two games with Milwaukee (AHL) on a conditioning assignment (Nov. 9-11) and posted two assists… Missed 10 games due to injury… Signed a two-year contract with Nashville on July 16, 2007. PLAYOFFS: Appeared in all five of Nashville’s WCQ games vs. San Jose, making his NHL playoff debut in Game One on April 11… Led Nashville penalty-killers in shorthanded time on ice per game (6:40)… Tied for third on the club with two assists.
2005-06: Made his NHL debut with Nashville on Dec. 1, 2005 vs. Minnesota and registered his first career assist/point in the game… Recalled to Nashville from Milwaukee (AHL) on two occasions (Dec. 1-4 and March 7-12), appearing in four NHL games… Captained the Milwaukee Admirals (AHL) to the Calder Cup Finals. Tied for the team lead and tied for fifth in the AHL with a +11 rating in the playoffs… Led the Admirals with a +17 rating in the regular season.
CAREER NOTES: One of three Admirals to play in all 80 games in 2004-05… Was a member of the 2004 AHL Calder Cup Champion Admirals… Led the AHL with a +10 rating in the 2004 playoffs… Ranked second on Milwaukee and led AHL rookies with a +30 rating in the 2003-04 regular season, his first pro campaign.
AMATEUR: Played four seasons (1999-2003) for the University of Nebraska-Omaha (CCHA)… Was named a CCHA Second-Team All-Star in 2002 and a NCAA West Second-Team All-American in 2001 and 2002… Was named a CCHA First-Team All-Star in 2001 and named the CCHA’s Best Offensive Defenseman in 2000-01… Played three seasons (1996-99) in the BCHL before going to college.
BACKGROUND: Enjoys golf, wakeboarding and fishing… Spends the summer in Langley and Merritt, B.C.… Favorites include The Matrix (movie), Nip/Tuck (TV show), Kenny Chesney (band/musician) and sushi (food)… Does charity work for the March of Dimes… Nickname “Zooch”… Wife – Jen; Daughter – Rylynn… Has a dog named Chasi.
TRANSACTIONS: July 9, 2004 – Signed as a free agent by Nashville… June 25, 2000 – Ottawa’s sixth choice, 156th overall (sixth round) in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft.