• Latta started the season with the Ottawa 67’s, playing 23 games and recording 21 points (8-13-21) before being traded to the Guelph Storm at the end of November. In 42 games with Guelph, he totaled 36 points (14-22-36).
• He was selected to participate in the 2009 CHL Top Prospects Game where he claimed the accuracy shooting event during the skills competition, knocking out four targets on six shots.
• The St. Clements, Ontario native played for the Waterloo Minor Midgets in 2006-07 picking up 118 points in 73 games before making the jump to the OHL.
• Latta patterns his game after Philadelphia forward Mike Richards who was also his childhood hockey hero when he captained the Kitchener Rangers – “I like to try and play like Richards because he competes hard and plays a skilled, tough game”.
• He played his minor hockey in Waterloo, his first team was the Waterloo Rockies when he was five years old – “my brothers played and my mom wanted to sign me up”.
• Nicknamed “Latts”, he wears number 17 for Wendel Clark, one of his favorite players and his most embarrassing hockey moment was missing a wide open net on a penalty shot against Erie.
GUELPH'S LATTA TRYING TO STAY ON RIGHT SIDE OF THE LINE
Detroit Red Wings
“Fake shot, fake backhand to forehand”
“Being with the boys”
Sean William Scott
Ontario Hockey League
A million little pieces
Pump up song:
“Hot revolver” by Lil’ Wayne
Sport (other than hockey):
Activity away from the rink: