- Helped lead his team to the WHL Western Conference final with a 1.78 goals-against average and a .937 save-percentage. He went 11-3-2 in the playoffs before Spokane beat them in game seven.
- Finished first among WHL goaltenders with 46 wins on the season (46-12-2-2) and fourth in the League in save percentage (.918). His shootout record, an impressive 5-2 with four goals against in 23 attempts, placed him second overall in the league.
- Won the Del Wilson trophy as the WHL’s Goaltender of the Year, marking the first time in 22 years two different goalies from the same team have won the award in back-to-back years. Medicine Hat’s Troy Gamble (1984-85) and Mark Fitzpatrick (1985-86) were the last to accomplish the feat.
- Was named the CHL Goaltender of the Week on March 17, 2008 after he helped his team clinch the Scotty Munro Trophy as the WHL’s regular season champions by posting three wins and a .953 save percentage in three games in the last week of the regular season.
- Surpassed the Tri-City franchise record for wins in a season with his 34th win on February 5, 2008 – the record of 33 wins was previously held by San Jose Sharks goaltender Brian Boucher, set during the 1995-96 season.
- His brother, Calvin, also a goaltender, was drafted into the WHL 38th overall in 2007 by the Seattle Thunderbirds.
- His first hockey team was in Moncton in Timbits hockey and he finished his minor hockey career with the Winnipeg Monarchs (Bantam to Midget).
- Credits his dad for having had the most influence on his career -- “he’s been by my side the whole way, always pushing me and he was always very positive.”
- The best advice he has ever received was “practice hard and practice smart” from Rick St. Croix.
- He wears number 37 because of Washington’s Olaf Kolzig – Kolzig is also the owner of the Tri-City Americans.
- His most memorable hockey moment was when he was eight years old playing a summer hockey game in Acadie Bathurst – “Roberto Luongo skated across the ice and tapped me on the pad”.
- The most important part of his game day routine is the pre-game skate and meal – “I love to pre-game skate, I never miss one . . . my two favorite meals are Cajun chicken and spaghetti – my billet makes the best spaghetti in the world.”
- His most embarrassing hockey moment was seeing his ‘victory dance’ from a previous game replayed on the jumbotron during his next visit to the same rink.
NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings
NHL Player: Vancouver’s Roberto Luongo
Shootout move: “Triple deke from the Mighty Ducks movie or a slap shot”
Goal celebration: “The classic Jaromir Jagr salute”
Video Game: Halo
TV Show: The Hills
Actor: Matthew McConaughey
Artist: Tim McGraw
Book: Into thin Air by Jon Krakauer
Pump-up song: “This is who we are” by Hawthorne Heights
Food to cook: Grilled cheese
Sport (other than hockey): Baseball and golf
Toy growing up: Fake lawn mower and mini sticks
Place to shop: Abercrombie