- Helped lead his team to a WHL Eastern Conference championship in 2008, leading all WHL players in playoff scoring with 11 goals (11-8--19).
- Ranked second on his team with 72 points on the season and finished 15th overall in WHL scoring with 33 goals in 2007-08.
- Helped Team Canada with the gold medal at the 2008 World Junior Championships. Also represented Canada in the eight-game Canada-Russia Super Series in 2007 and the U-18 World Championships in 2007.
- Had two goals in the 2008 CHL Top Prospects Game.
- He patterns his game after Philadelphia’s Daniel Briere because of their similar skill set and his nickname is “Chucker”.
- Played on his first hockey team in 1996 for the Fort Macleod Panthers. He also played minor hockey for Strathmore and Airdrie.
- He likes to create good habits by repeating the same routine on game days and his game-day superstition includes taping his stick between every period to start fresh.
- His most memorable hockey moment was winning gold at the World Junior Championships in 2008 -- “because it was a great accomplishment and the highest level of success so far in my career”.
NHL Team: Calgary Flames
NHL Player: Pittsburgh’s Sidney Crosby
Shootout move: “Deke to backhand”
Goal celebration: “Hands in the air pointing to the crowd”
Video Game: Mario Cart
Movie: Billy Madison
TV Show: One Tree Hill
Actor: Adam Sandler
Group: Three Days Grace
Book: Wayne Gretzky Biography
Pump-up song: “Riot” by Three Days Grace
Food to cook: Bacon and eggs
Sport (other than hockey): Golf
Activity away from the rink: University classes
Toy growing up: Pogs
Place to shop: Foot Locker
Place to visit: Mexico