Practice Day Back In Vancouver
Friday, 05.06.2011 / 8:32 PM
By Jay Levin - Nashville Predators / Playoff Blog -- Conference Semifinals vs. Vancouver Canucks
The Preds flew out to Vancouver on Friday morning and practiced out in Vancouver in the afternoon.
- Coach Trotz said that Steve Sullivan and Jerred Smithson will both be out of the lineup for Game 5. Colin Wilson joined the lineup in Game 4; J-P Dumont is expected to join the lineup for Game 5.
- Line combinations will be re-shuffled with the changes to the lineup. Nick Spaling is expected to move from the wing to fill Jerred Smithson's role, meaning Fisher, Legwand, Spaling, Geoffrion will likely be the four centers tomorrow night.
- Coach Trotz mentioned that he believed the Preds have not adapted as well in this series as they did during the first round series against Anaheim; he believes the Preds need to adapt to the flow of the game and Vancouver's style of play in order to have success tomorrow night.
- The Preds have had success in Vancouver over the past few seasons. Nashville is 4-4-0 in Vancouver over the last three season, including a 2-2-0 mark this season. The two wins this year are tied with Phoenix and Chicago for the most by a visiting team, while the four wins the last three years are second league-wide behind only the Chicago Blackhawks (nine wins in Vancouver -- three regular season and six playoffs).
- For more on the first four games of the series, watch Pete and Terry's Practice Day Roundtable