Game 2 - Second Period
Saturday, 04.30.2011 / 9:17 PM
By Jay Levin - Nashville Predators / Playoff Blog -- Conference Semifinals vs. Vancouver Canucks
Thoughts and views from the second period at Rogers Arena...
- Kevin Klein returned for the start of the second period; he was clipped on the follow through of a shot in the final minute of the first period.
- The pace of play is fast; Vancouver is really pushing the tempo and Nashville's been keeping up.
- The Preds are doing a lot of good things tonight, but need to clean up their puck management and passing; missing out on several chances to get through the neutral zone with speed.
- Good first shift by the Erat-Legwand-Ward line; Erat created a good chance cutting inside the defender at the top of the circles and snapping a shot on net. The line created a power-play later on that same shift. Erat was injured on the Preds early period power-play; Sullivan took Erat's spot on the line with Legwand and Ward for the remainder of the power-play; Erat returned for the line's next even strength shift (after a media timeout).
- Ward had a great opportunity with a little over five minutes left in the period; great work by Legwand along the board and then fed a great cross ice pass to Ward, but the shot went wide of the far side as Luongo tried to slide post-to-post.
- A Nashville turnover coming out of the zone on the power-play led to Vancouver's shorthanded goal to open the scoring. Give Burrows and Kesler credit for stong work in the neutral zone, but the Preds still need to be better with their puck management; would have prevented the turnover.
- Looked like some line juggling by the Preds late in the period --- Halischuck went on the wing with Legwand and Ward; Erat moved to the wing with Smithson and Spaling.