Friday - Practice Day in Vancouver
Friday, 04.29.2011 / 2:16 PM
By Jay Levin - Nashville Predators / Playoff Blog -- Conference Semifinals vs. Vancouver Canucks
Following last night's Game 1, the Preds got back to work this afternoon with an uptempo practice session at Rogers Arena in Vancouver.
- To a man the Preds players and coaches were disappointed with the effort put forth in last night's game; they each talked about needing to engage better in the game, compete harder, and play at a faster tempo. Steve Sullivan was very outspoken about last night's effort being unacceptable.
- It was a full practice for the Preds today; hard to tell lines since the team was in its "morning skate attire" of white jerseys for the forwards and blue jerseys for the defensemen. Coach Trotz juggled his lines quite a bit in the third period of Game 1, trying to find a combination that would spark. It will be interesting to see if he sticks with any line combination adjustments in Game 2.
- Very different atmosphere at practices in Vancouver than the Preds are normally used to; a throng of media with scrums around just about every player's stall. It was rather eye-opening for several players yesterday. In talking with Anders Lindback, he even laughed about the extra attention inside the room.
- Video interviews with three players posted today: Steve Sullivan | Cody Franson | Sergei Kostitsyn
- Kudos to Head Coach Barry Trotz for being names a finalist for the Jack Adams Award, given to the league's top coach. Coach Trotz Media session was chopped into two segments -- he was asked right off the start about the Jack Adams Award (posted here) and then questions went into the series (posted here).
- As a side note, the Preds announced that 2009 First Round pick defenseman Ryan Ellis would be joining the Milwaukee Admirals for the start of their second round AHL playoff series, which opens this weekend (full release here)