Get-Away-Day Practice in Nashville
Wednesday, 04.27.2011 / 11:49 AM
By Jay Levin - Nashville Predators / Playoff Blog -- Conference Semifinals vs. Vancouver Canucks
The Preds are practicing at Bridgestone Arena as I type and will then fly out to Vancouver this afternoon for the start of the Conference Semifinal Series. A quicker tempo to practice today than there was yesterday.
- Director of Player Development Martin Gelinas joined the guys out on the ice today; he was flying out there. Looks like he could still be a very effective checking line contributor the way he was skating.
- Lines for today were basically the same as last round
White: Legwand centering Erat and Ward
Gray: Fisher centering Hornqvist and Kostitsyn
Yellow: Smithson centering Spaling and Tootoo
Green: Dumont, Geoffrion, Halischuk, Sullivan, Wilson
- Cal O'Reilly did not skate again today. Coach Trotz said yesterday he was day-to-day, but indicated he might not travel with the team to Vancouver for start of the series. It did not sound too serious, though; and based on lines in Round 1, it seemed unlikely O'Reilly would be insterted into the lineup for the start of this series.
- Chet Pickard and Teemu Laakso were recalled today; Pickard gives the team a third goalie for practices, while Laakso gives the team a seventh defenseman if needed. Coach Trotz noted that Anders Lindback has been handling both the practices and the lengthy post-practice work by all the injured/scratched players, so Pickard will allow the coaches to spread around the workload a little. He also said by all reports Laakso was the best defenseman down in Milwaukee, which is why he earned the recall opportunity.
- Check out the video interviews from today's practice session: Shea Weber | Pekka Rinne | Shane O'Brien | Jonathon Blum