Game 4 - Second Period
Wednesday, 04.20.2011 / 6:53 PM
By Jay Levin - Nashville Predators / Playoff Blog -- Conference Quarterfinals vs. Anaheim
Thoughts and views from the second period of Game 4...
- The Preds power-play struck again to tie the game 5:44 into the second period. Great snap shot by Franson from the point; heck of a screen by Joel Ward in front of Emery --- Emery had no sight of the puck.
- Strong shift by Smithson-Spaling-Tootoo right after the game-tying goal; quality scoring chance for Spaling in the slot, but shot was deflected just over the crossbar.
- Very dangerous hit by Jarkko Ruutu to give the Preds the power-play for the game-tying goal; late behind the play and high on Martin Erat. Erat left the game with the aid of the Preds training staff. Ruutu was whistled for a minor for interferece.
- Ward called for a double-minor high-sticking 7:59 into the period. And Anaheim converted late in the second penalty to regain the lead.
- Anaheim called its timeout with 2:53 remaining in the double-minor --- one of the few games where both teams had burned their timeouts in the first half of the game.
- Under-rated plays by Halischuk and Klein on Nashville's third goal. Halischuk started the chance with a strong breakout to create numbers through transition, held up patiently for Klein to join the play and then went to the front of the net. Klein was forced wide around the net, but Emery was unable to get post-to-post while Klein was behind the net and Halischuk had an easy tap in from Klein's centering feed.
- Good shift by the Fisher-Hornqvist-Kostitsyn line with under a minute remaining in the period; forced Anaheim into a delay of game penalty that will carry over into the start of the third period.
- Erat left the game after Ruutu's hit. Steve Sullivan replaced him on the wing with Legwand and Ward.