Game 3 - Second Period
Sunday, 04.17.2011 / 4:07 PM
By Jay Levin - Nashville Predators / Playoff Blog -- Conference Quarterfinals vs. Anaheim
Thoughts and views from the second period at Bridgestone Arena...
- The 27-10 shots on goal is much more an indicator of how one-sided the game has been than the 2-2 score.
- Good start to the period by the Preds, drawing an early power-play. The PP unit was strong again, generating three quality scoring chances. Key play by Francois Beauchemin to deny an attempt by David Legwand -- Emery was out of position and would have been hard pressed to cover the side of the net Legwand was eyeing.
- The Ducks are starting to lose their composure late in this second period -- taking some runs and spears at the Preds behind the play. But the officials are allowing it, so the Preds need to adjust accordingly.
- Geoffrion's stick reach is impressive; reeled in a two-on-one pass from Sullivan for a dangerous chance early in the period and beat a Ducks defender to a loose puck to create a solid opportunity for Halischuk and Sullivan with around six minutes left in the period.
- Rare time when two star players drop the gloves -- Fisher and Getzlaf went with 3:05 left in the period.
- Great play by Corey Perry on Anaheim's first goal to strip Suter from behind before he was able to clear the puck out of danger. Anaheim got a fortuitous bounce on their second goal when a strange carom off the glass popped the puck out front.
- Ducks gained the momentum over the closing stretch of the period, perhaps their best 2-3 minute stretch of the series, thusfar.